To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

How could I have used this much water?

You may not have - the numbers on your meter may have been transposed or hard to read. You could possibly have a leaky toilet or faucet that's difficult to detect. Just call the office and we'll work with you to solve the problem.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water.

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law. Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

My outdoor faucet has water to it, but my house faucet has no water.

You may need to remove the screen in your faucets, rinse clean, and then try again. Sediments from your hot water heater may have clogged the screens of your faucets.

My water meter has dirt on the top like my meter hasn't been read in months.

All meters are read every month on or around the 15th. We have had the radio read system since 2005 and do not physically view the numbers on your meter, unless we detect a problem.

My meter was locked for non payment. How soon can I get it turned back on?

Service can be restored to your meter after payment is received in the office. No money is accepted outside the office and only during office hours. Campbell Water Supply has 24 hours after receiving payment to restore your service.

My sewer bill didn't get paid but why did they lock my water meter?

The City of Campbell has an interlocutory agreement with Campbell Water Supply to enforce the payment of the sewer service.

May a person that works on a contract basis for a system run for a position on the board?

There is no prohibition in state law for a person that has some monetary connection with the WSC to become a candidate for the board of that WSC, unless such a prohibition is written in the systems bylaws. Most bylaws do not contain this type of disqualification. The only qualification provision in the latest version of the USDA model bylaws is that a person be a member of the WSC in order to serve on the board and the bylaws also state that a person becomes disqualified if they lose their membership status for any reason while serving.

What projects are exempt from competitive bidding requirements?

The current version of Section 49.273 provides that for contracts under $25,000, the board is not required to advertise or seek competitive bids. For contracts over $25,000 up to $50,000, the board is required to solicit written competitive bids from at least three bidders; and for contracts over $50,000, the board is required to advertise the letting of the contract.

Does the board president count toward a quorum?

The president counts towards a quorum under the Texas Open Meetings Act if it was a meeting and you are required to keep official minutes or a tape recording, whichever is your practice. This applies to both water supply corporations and districts that are subject to the Open Meetings Act.

How much notice must we give for a rate increase?

There is no state legal requirement for water supply corporations to provide notice of a rate change; however, we highly recommend that water supply corporations provide their customers with notice prior to a rate change going to go into effect. We recommend that the notice include the new rates, the effective date of the increase, where additional information on the rates may be obtained, and an explanation as to why the rate increase is needed. Good communication with customers fosters support of the water system and can help to avoid costly appeal proceedings at the TCEQ.